Venice Beach Hunting

xenacanthus

hello everyone now that i have secured that i am going to the house in naples florida i was wondering if there are any places close to there and the types of fossils and shark teeth mainly teeth and when is the low tide for venice or casperson beach

The Peace River is also a good spot to hunt for shark teeth and other Florida fossils. It's about the same distance from Naples as Venice is.

I see you are in Canada, it does not matter what the tide is in Florida. Our tides swing a foot more or less high to low. Unlike tides I have seen in Canada which are HUGE. Good luck, Hoffy

The tide does not have the big differences that you might see in your location, but if you really need to know, you can find it online (just google it) or local boat and dive stores have ones that they hand out. I don't live down there but that's what I did when I visited.

:) For the beach sites the tides dont matter as you can use sand flea scoops to get the fossils,usually in water only knee deep.For the Peace River[someone suggested]you should check the water levels there.Happy hunting. :D

Bear-dog.