My Diversity Of Triarthrus

Ordovician_Odyssey

hey everyone, i now have atleast one of every triarthrus,and would like to share some pictures of them, so i got some pictures.

notice the rougensis is pyritized :)

All of the following trilobite are from the upper ordovician, billings shale..... ottawa, ontario

at the time, the deposite was very deep water so there are probably shed skins witch drifted into deeper water

1.triarthrus spinosus

2.triarthrus rougensis

3.triarthrus eatoni

post-3994-078961000 1287786877_thumb.jpg

post-3994-053941500 1287786914_thumb.jpg

post-3994-033186000 1287786959_thumb.jpg

-shamus

Edited by trilobite guy

-Shamus

The Ordovician enthusiast.

Nice collection Shamus. Looks like there are lots of trilobite deposits in the Ottawa region. Lots of pyrite associated with the black shale. Have fun collecting.

PL

Very cool and nice to be able to say "I caught 'em all!"

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Hat trick! B)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I love any fossil with pyrite on it. Great find and thanks for sharing that with us.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Trilobite guy, great fossils. Are you finding lots of those guys? Which species do you find most often. Regards, Chris?

Trilobite guy, great fossils. Are you finding lots of those guys? Which species do you find most often. Regards, Chris?

yes, i do find plenty of triarthrus yet only a few are full,most are peices. the most commonly found trilobite is supposed to be triarthrus eatoni, but i find most of spinosus. here are some examples of the commonly found "peices"......

post-3994-097040300 1287953149_thumb.jpg

post-3994-087031000 1287953255_thumb.jpg

post-3994-005847500 1287953297_thumb.jpg

post-3994-086513200 1287953354_thumb.jpg

-Shamus

Nice finds, Shamus! :)

Thanks for sharing! :D

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

shamus.... Great finds.... They look even better being preserved in pyrite... Nice ! ;)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

yes, i do find plenty of triarthrus yet only a few are full,most are peices. the most commonly found trilobite is supposed to be triarthrus eatoni, but i find most of spinosus. here are some examples of the commonly found "peices"......

Hey Shamus, thanks for the reply and the additional photos. Looks like good hunting grounds! Regards, Chris

thanks. the pyritized fossils are quite common in the outcrop. yet the trilobites aren't, but then again the "trilobits" are.

Edited by trilobite guy

-Shamus

:) Those are sooo cool.Thanks for sharing.I love pyratized fossils as well.Never really was a trillo-guy but you guys are beginning to convert me.Too bad we cant find them here. :D

Bear-dog.

:) Those are sooo cool.Thanks for sharing.I love pyratized fossils as well.Never really was a trillo-guy but you guys are beginning to convert me.Too bad we cant find them here. :D

if you want trilos you can alwase come up here, in ontario ;)

-Shamus