My Buddy Roy's Finds From Yesterday

figginsdiggins

My sidekick Roy went on the hunt with me yesterday. Jr's busy with work and school right now. They sure grow up fast. But anyhoo, as I said we walked about six miles to get this handful of bones, and on the way back Big R looked around a little more on the first place we looked and came up with a nice tooth we passed up on the way in. We guessed horse on the tooth, but welcome all id help on it and the other bones we find. Enjoy.

post-2272-067712200 1288549333_thumb.jpg

post-2272-048270700 1288549343_thumb.jpg

post-2272-041524500 1288549354_thumb.jpg

post-2272-080271300 1288549366_thumb.jpg

My sidekick Roy went on the hunt with me yesterday. Jr's busy with work and school right now. They sure grow up fast. But anyhoo, as I said we walked about six miles to get this handful of bones, and on the way back Big R looked around a little more on the first place we looked and came up with a nice tooth we passed up on the way in. We guessed horse on the tooth, but welcome all id help on it and the other bones we find. Enjoy.

hello mate tooth is upper molar (3rd from the back by the root curve) and proberbly young.;) tara for now beck man

beck man

The tooth is from a horse. I can't see the crown clearly but it looks like one of the hipparion genera of horses(perhaps Cormohipparion), short round protocone and no apparent connection of this structure to protoloph. Also explains the curvature of the tooth. Equus teeth generally curve front to back not laterally as this does (except very early Equus species). It's a really nice tooth. The bone is a humerus also from a horse.