Carboniferous Coprolite Inclusions

Terry Dactyll

There were a few possible exoskeleton inclusions in the coprolite when I looked at the coprolite under magnification although the edge bits I thought were millipede are not so clearly defined so cant be Id'd for sure .....but this bit can and it has preserved very well within the coprolite itself obviously not breaking down during digestion.... I dont know 'what creature' made the coprolite although its probably fish or shark .....There are 2 pieces of exactly the same proportions demonstrating 2 pieces from the same creature or 2 seperate creatures...I wonder what the critter it could be?

Upper Carboniferous ...Duckmantian ...Modiolaris ...

post-1630-052606000 1288607425_thumb.jpg post-1630-049581000 1288607446_thumb.jpg

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

There were a few possible exoskeleton inclusions in the coprolite when I looked at the coprolite under magnification although the edge bits I thought were millipede are not so clearly defined so cant be Id'd for sure .....but this bit can and it has preserved very well within the coprolite itself obviously not breaking down during digestion.... I dont know 'what creature' made the coprolite although its probably fish or shark .....There are 2 pieces of exactly the same proportions demonstrating 2 pieces from the same creature or 2 seperate creatures...I wonder what the critter it could be?

Upper Carboniferous ...Duckmantian ...Modiolaris ...

post-1630-052606000 1288607425_thumb.jpg post-1630-049581000 1288607446_thumb.jpg

I have never found something like that, very interesting, will try to find. I can't help you in this.

RomanK.... Cheers, Ive sent a couple of emails out to see if anybody knows... It would be nice to find out... I might even prep a bit more 'coprolite' off the exoskeleton.... :D

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)