More Bones From Colorado

Sundancer73

Isn't it too far south for a Woolly Mammoth? I'm thinking Columbian.

Good point.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Given the fact the mammoth and now mastodon were discovered at a cold mountain elevation (at the same site), would it now be safe to assume Columbians were relatively well-covered in fur (not as much as a Woolly, of course)? Here in Colorado at high elevations, it can be really cool in the summers and just unbearable in the winters.

A lot of people like to think of Columbians as relatively naked, but more furry than modern elephants.

Elephants at zoos are naked, and when given the chance to choose between indoor and outdoors, they only go inside when it's really cold.

By the way, this was supposed to be a watering hole and I'm assuming the possibility of numerous skeletons is good. Hopefully they stop construction until the whole area has been inspected.

Edited by 32fordboy

Woah, I just noticed they said three mastodons! They doubled Colorado's count at one site! Until this discovery the remains of only 3 or 4 mastodons have been discovered in Colorado. Holy cow!