Yesterdays News About Pcs

greel

Yesterday I heard on the news channels that an Australian company's move to buy out PCS was being blocked by the Canadian government for not being beneficial enough to Canadians. I've got no mind for business, as my 401K would attest to, sadly. Does this end here? Is the future of the mine ownership still in flux? Do you read this as good news for collectors?

-greel

:) I've been wrong before,but that dosen't sound good to me.[Hunting wise.].Usually if things are in limbo too long ,someone comes along that isen't hunter friendly.Just my opinion. :D

Bear-dog.

I've heard that the mine owners (whoever they have been) would prefer not to allow people to collect fossils because its a headache (pulling employees from their regular work, preparing a safe area, smoothing out a road, sweating out some idiot getting hurt etc.) but they know it's good public relations so they do it. However, when times are tough, a company cuts back on expenses so it might be a year or few (whenever the economy improves) before you hear some positive indication from someone about future fossil collecting.

Yesterday I heard on the news channels that an Australian company's move to buy out PCS was being blocked by the Canadian government for not being beneficial enough to Canadians. I've got no mind for business, as my 401K would attest to, sadly. Does this end here? Is the future of the mine ownership still in flux? Do you read this as good news for collectors?

-greel

Couldn't their liability be waived by having collectors sign a simple release form? Or do they do that already?

Couldn't their liability be waived by having collectors sign a simple release form? Or do they do that already?

They already have collectors read and sign release forms.

-greel

Even if there's only a minor injury, it doesn't reflect well on the company, giving the impression it did not do all it could do to avoid it (even with the safety equipment requirement and the limited collecting area). I think it's great that Lee Creek was open for so many seasons and I'm glad elasmo.com and various individuals have expressed their appreciation for previous access. I also think you guys will be allowed in again maybe as soon as next fall.

They already have collectors read and sign release forms.

-greel

Even if there's only a minor injury, it doesn't reflect well on the company, giving the impression it did not do all it could do to avoid it (even with the safety equipment requirement and the limited collecting area). I think it's great that Lee Creek was open for so many seasons and I'm glad elasmo.com and various individuals have expressed their appreciation for previous access. I also think you guys will be allowed in again maybe as soon as next fall.

I realize that. I used to work in safety, was just curious if they did it or not. I'd really like to collect in there since it is basically in my back yard and I have never been.