Information About My Amazing Amber

fossil lover 101

Hi everyone! So I read some of your comments about my amazing amber, and first of all, Kevin, your ambers are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway people, I have a friend coming to visit soon, so maybe I'll be able to get a pic of my amber on the web (she's really good with computers). Anyway, i spoke with the friend who gave me the amber, and he said that he bought it at the Canadian Museum of Nature boutique. It came with some information, so here it is:

Amber with insect

Eocene

La Cumbria

N. Cordilerra

Dominican Republic

This is the exact info that came with the amber. Hope it helps!

Museums aren't always correct, Dominican amber is not eocene, but younger -late oligocene to miocene. Baltic amber is eocene, and New Jersey, and CANADIAN amber is older cretaceous

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominican_amber

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Amber in the La Cumbria region is Oligocene.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Amber is my passion, its very rare to find amber lover...here is my newest personal collection from Early Miocene Java amber and Sumatra amber (all from Indonesia).. All are belong to Class II fossil resin and which means its originated from ancient Shorea tree.

post-2330-028433000 1289397174_thumb.jpg

post-2330-019996200 1289397216_thumb.jpg

post-2330-069281400 1289397367_thumb.jpg

post-2330-005497800 1289397576_thumb.jpg