Newbie Help

Fossil boy

Hi I am new to fossil hunting and am going on my first trip in a couple of weeks :) hopefully I fin something good. Just wanted to know if there are any beginners tips anyone could share

I know that I use a rock pick and keep hitting rocks till I find something. So please help

to learn about the present we would need to know the past, therefore, fossils are the key to knowledge

I know I've posted around but the unfortunate thing is I've never gone hunting :( so take me seriously

to learn about the present we would need to know the past, therefore, fossils are the key to knowledge

read some of the pinned stuff on the forums. hopefully you've found out a good place to go, because the bottom line is that if you go to a good fossil location you'll find them and if you don't, then the rockhammer won't matter because there's nothing there to bang out.

Depending on where are going, you may or may not need the ole rock hammer. Are you going with someone who knows? Or heading off on your own. If you are heading off on your own... good for you. And don't be discouraged.... if oiyu get skunked it may be cuz the fossils are not common where ever it is you are going to, or that your search technique is not right for that site, or...

you'r ein CT, so are you gonna be searching in CT? Dino tracks? If you can tell us what you will be looking for someone here may be able to give you some gosd advice.

In any case, good luck and report back to us.

Actually I'm going in south Carolina and yes I am going alone so I will report back, even with a pic if I achieve my fossil dream.

So any advice on this area is greatly appreciated(thanks to CBK)