Twain Harte California

Hit The Deck

My Daughter and I are going to be in Twain Harte for Thanksgiving break (Tuolumne County California) and would love to find a place to hunt ANYTHING!! Anyone have any leads for that part of the country? I’ve got some Stone city formation fossils for barter:)

I don't know of any fossils there, but there is lots of GOLD :o also obsidian and some of the most famous granite around. Be careful not to collect in the Nat. Parks ;)

gold, obsidian and granite... all igneous rocks... my bet is there's no fossis until you get to the next county or futher. But hey, I live in Wy and have bnever seen the geological map of CA.

My Daughter and I are going to be in Twain Harte for Thanksgiving break (Tuolumne County California) and would love to find a place to hunt ANYTHING!! Anyone have any leads for that part of the country? I’ve got some Stone city formation fossils for barter:)

I'm sorry to say that there is nada there as far as fossils go but you can pan for gold. I use to live in Sonora and believe me at the time the only fossils to be found were in my house :P

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!