Any Info About Bob Caroll Prep Work?

fossiljunkie

i saw a fossil on ebay referencing prep work had been done by bob caroll. anyone know of the caliber of his work? just curious if he was reputable.

Edited by fossiljunkie

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

If there are two Rs in Carroll, it would be this guy, one of the best that ever lived.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

i saw a fossil on ebay referencing prep work had been done by bob caroll. anyone know of the caliber of his work? just curious if he was reputable.

A "Legend" in the trilobite field.

If there are two Rs in Carroll, it would be this guy, one of the best that ever lived.

it is two r's thanks auspex.i appreciate it.

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

Auspex beat me with the link. Bob is THE man for Oklahoma trilobites

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

A "Legend" in the trilobite field.

thanks it happened to be a trilobite i was checking out.

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

I recently saw his workshop, a totally awesome place with walls covered to the ceiling with boxes of unfinished trilobites and a major project involving two huge slabs full of very large trilobites. A very interesting and generous master of the art.

I recently saw his workshop, a totally awesome place with walls covered to the ceiling with boxes of unfinished trilobites and a major project involving two huge slabs full of very large trilobites. A very interesting and generous master of the art.

Bob

were you up there with the DPS? I guess i should have worn my fossil forum shirt so i could have met you.

F Man

Yep I was the one who could only find trilobite tails. Is there a derogatory term for that ?

Bob

No, but there is for someone who finds only complete, perfect trilobites...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

He goes to Tucson every year and sells everything he brings. A couple of years ago, he sold out and had a pizza party to celebrate. He didn't know me other than being a mutual friend of another dealer and invited me as well - nice guy.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot all about these photos from the Dallas Paleo trip. I hope DPS doesn't mind sharing.

post-4419-013801900 1291086229_thumb.jpg

post-4419-029396000 1291086220_thumb.jpg

post-4419-029966900 1291086210_thumb.jpg

post-4419-070968600 1291086237_thumb.jpg

That multi-bug plate looks stupendous, I hope I can see a pic of the finished product!

Yeah the plate looks interesting, if that's from Walcott Rust Quarry there must be many more smaller trilobites buried in between the big Isotelus we see....