Pathological Ptychodus ?

Foshunter

Have a few Ptychodus teeth of different species, this P. Mammillaris tooth was odd because of the crease down the middle. Are there any odd Ptychodus teeth in your collections?--Tom

post-3940-020176700 1290263126_thumb.jpg

post-3940-093645800 1290263130_thumb.jpg

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Hi Tom,

I have two large Ptychodus occidentalis from the Tarrant formation (upper Woodbine / lower Eagle Ford) that have a labial lingual ridge like yours. Shawn Hamm helped me ID the first one. The smaller P. occidentalis do not have this ridge. The few younger ones I've found from the Kamp Ranch also lack this ridge.

Here are some small POC Ptychodus that I find a little odd, scale in mm.

4123594153_6b789a6cf7.jpg

4123594005_103d22ca0b.jpg

4334317826_02f1bca6bc.jpg

Edited by Tony Eaton

Dude, here's a portion of mine; define odd for me as in do you see any odd ones? One of the things that I like about them are the different colors- so can colors be odd? I think the straight smooth ones with no ridges are odd but they may be a specific type that I don't know about.

post-4072-035294600 1290403300_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossiladdict

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Dude, here's a portion of mine; define odd for me as in do you see any odd ones? One of the things that I like about them are the different colors- so can colors be odd? I think the straight smooth ones with no ridges are odd but they may be a specific type that I don't know about.

Nice group of teeth, see some P. Mortoni but can't tell the others but you do have a nice selection of P. Whipplei.--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"