Ammonites

Atomic Rat

My only ammonite so far. I have some tinier ones that are agatized in blue chalcedony from Wyoming, if I can find them.

post-4530-064657100 1291556374_thumb.jpg post-4530-074471200 1291556385_thumb.jpg

post-4530-026472100 1291556398_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gem-stone quality 'tractor tire' ammonite. Doesn't get much better than this even at this tiny of a size!

post-4530-0-74467900-1292260292_thumb.jpg post-4530-0-17051500-1292260305_thumb.jpg

post-4530-0-77962400-1292260278_thumb.jpg

Good stuff, AR!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Atomic R:

Those ammonites are very beautiful ... just stunning gems of nature!

Edited by pleecan

• 1 month later...

A Rat-

Nice ammo's. I hope you can find the calcedony amm's from Wyoming. I always like to see fun stuff from WY.

That coral is from WY?? I've never seen anything like that around here. Do you know what age it is?

A Rat-

Nice ammo's. I hope you can find the calcedony amm's from Wyoming. I always like to see fun stuff from WY.

That coral is from WY?? I've never seen anything like that around here. Do you know what age it is?

I'm fairly sure I got it in Wyoming. I could also say, 'MAYBE' Wyoming. I've not had it very long so I was sure it was from Wyoming. It may have been a fossil from Florida? I haven't been there in years. I had oyster shell from Wyoming and it was packed with the coral tagged in my box from Wyoming. It could very well be from some other place. I'll say I am 80% certain it's from Wyoming. It would have been the Red Desert area. I do not know the age except it is very old.

• 2 weeks later...

I did some review on my fossil corral. Since the Red Desert used to be a fresh water inland lake of HUGE proportions, I asked some family members and I was told the fossil corral came not from the Red Desert but my mother's estate when she passed away in 2001. The corral was put in a box I had at the house and that's why it was marked 'Wyoming'. It came from Florida, not Wyoming. I have no idea where in Florida?