Some Finds From Today

Ramo

Yes, I am still around. I've been very busy and just checking posts on my wife's computer lately (Lurking). The wife and I got out for a little hunt today at a couple of new spots and found a few nice shark teeth, a broken up coprolite, some fish verts, and a beaten up mosasaur tooth, but any mosasaur tooth is noteworthy in my book! Enjoy the pictures.

post-40-090487300 1292024391_thumb.jpg

post-40-078865600 1292024417_thumb.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Good to hear from you again! Like you said, any mosasaur is a good mosasaur! Is that a big squalicorax leaning on the quarter in the 2nd pix? Kind of odd looking....

wow! didn't know kansas was huntable in december. a cool variety of marine finds from the middle of a continent.

Nice finds!

Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

EDIT: - The small Ptychodus? is pretty cool!

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Nice, I am having fossil hunting withdrawels, good to see you were out hunting

:)I hear there is a 12 step program for that.Also heard it dosen't work for f.w.s.[fossil withdrawl syndrom]. :lol:

Bear-dog.

That is a big Squalicorax. I don't think I have ever found one with that coloration. All of this came from a newly found Codell Sandstone exposure. (Except the ptychodus that came from a Greenhorn Limestone exposure) It usually isn't warm enough in December to hunt, but it was 50+ degrees yesterday. Today the wind is out of the north about 30 mph and it's cold. Supposed to get down to 14 tonight. (I believe that will put the wind-chill at about Absolute Zero) Probably the last hunt of the year!!

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

One of these days I'll drive out to Kansas.. It seems like it would be close to fossil in Kansas but man that is really one heck of a drive.

Grats on your finds...

"One of these day's I'm going to find a tooth over 3inches."