A Couple Of Hungarian Fossils

zsoltpinter

You can see some of my favorite fossils here , most of them are Mesozoic cephalopods.

1.Flexoptychites (the biggest one),Aplococeras,Arpadites,Hungarites

arthaberi,Michelinoceras,Pleuronautilus,Reitziites (?),and a cluster of various Ladinian ammonites

2.Hungarites arthaberi

3.Aplococeras

4.Michelinoceras

5.Arpadites

6.Phylloceras,Calliphylloceras,Atractites (straight),Androgynoceras,-(Lower Jurassic,Pliensbachian)

7.Cenoceras-(Pliensbachian)

8.Androgynoceras

9.Beudanticeras,Stoliczkaia dispar,Ostlingoceras,Turrilitoides,Anisoceras-(Lower Cretaceous,Albian)

10.Beudanticeras

11.a fossil crab from the Tertiary

12.sea urchins from the Tertiary

post-4575-0-39235200-1292180606_thumb.jpg

post-4575-0-46336100-1292180637_thumb.jpg

post-4575-0-33511500-1292180682_thumb.jpg

post-4575-0-26947100-1292180715_thumb.jpg

post-4575-0-86728000-1292180759_thumb.jpg

post-4575-0-66350900-1292180793_thumb.jpg

post-4575-0-23447800-1292180816_thumb.jpg

post-4575-0-03381800-1292180843_thumb.jpg

post-4575-0-78494600-1292180879_thumb.jpg

post-4575-0-43167900-1292180900_thumb.jpg

post-4575-0-51211100-1292180921_thumb.jpg

post-4575-0-44177100-1292180946_thumb.jpg

Edited by zsoltpinter

those are VERY nice! thanks for posting them! can you tell us whether you found them yourself, and how long it took you to get that collection? they're very nice.

Yo me gusto :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

So, there they are! Very nice!! Looks like you have some cretaceous ones there too. I'd be interested if you could describe the locations, layers and IDs of the finds in more detail. Great stuff!!

Roger

Edited by Ludwigia

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Very nice collection, like the Cretaceous Heteromorphs, nice preservation.--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Very nice. I'm happy you posted a few fossils. Like I said earlier, we rarely see fossils from Hungary, and you've got some beauties in there. Especially the crab...

Thanks

those are VERY nice! thanks for posting them! can you tell us whether you found them yourself, and how long it took you to get that collection? they're very nice.

Thanks !!! All of them are from Hungary and I found them myself . I've been collecting fossils for over 15 years .

Hello (Zoltan?)

Very nice stuff!

Especially the first five pics show my favourite stuff. I guess these triassic ammonite are of Ladinian age. Have you identified them?

The jurassic, cretaceous an tertiary stuff is also very nice.

Thank you for showing!

Andreas

I too like your heteromorphs, and the echinoids. Do you have names and ages for these?

I just added some information to the pics .

Thanks !!!

Nice fossils you have, thanks for posting them :) Is possible to have a dorsal view of your crab :) ?

Thanks !!! I will .

Hello (Zoltan?)

Very nice stuff!

Especially the first five pics show my favourite stuff. I guess these triassic ammonite are of Ladinian age. Have you identified them?

The jurassic, cretaceous an tertiary stuff is also very nice.

Thank you for showing!

Andreas

Hi Andreas ,

Thanks .You're right ,they're Ladinian cephalopods .I've added some imformation to the pics .Have you ever collected in Hungary ??

Zsolt

zsoltpinter... Beautiful finds...... Please share some photos of more of your collection with us... I personally like the Cenoceras :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

I too like your heteromorphs, and the echinoids. Do you have names and ages for these?

Thanks .They're Albian heteromorphs, Ostlingoceras,Turrilitoides and Anisoceras . I have a book on your cephalopods called "Ammonites and the Other Cephalopods of the Pierre Seaway ", they look AWESOME !!!!

Zsolt

zsoltpinter... Beautiful finds...... Please share some photos of more of your collection with us... I personally like the Cenoceras :)

Thanks !!!! I will !!!!

Hi

Thank you for the information to the pics! I have never collected fossils in Hungary but I know that there are many triassic locations. Mostly of lower ladinian and anisian age. In the Alps these zones are very scarce. I only knew one location which a lower longobardian ammonite fauna.(picture) Most of the triassic ammonite faunas of the Alps range from Julian to Sevatian age.

Andreas

post-2660-0-86878400-1292439808_thumb.jpg

Edited by andreas

Nice fossils you have, thanks for posting them :) Is possible to have a dorsal view of your crab :) ?

I've just uploaded some pics of crabs for ID . Could you help me with it ???

Hello!

I like your Albian Ammonites very much!

I have just one Stoliczkaia from your country, but I know there are also some rare species like Salaziceras...

Interesting high grade finds, quite different than what I am used to in Texas.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."