Finding New Fossl Crab

DLB

I'm new to the fossil forum and I'm liveing in Wa. I've been hooked on looking for fossil crab and I've found a couple of kinds but looking for more can any one help me? Always in search for nautiloids Nautilus and Aturia fossil.the kinds I have are Portunities triangulum and Zanthopsis vulgaris I have a nother one found around Port Angles but not shur of it's kind it's hard to see it had been over taken by the sea before I could find it !

Fossil crabs are so cool! It's neat you can find some. I've never found one but I've seen two a kayak guide found in Chesapeake Bay. I don't know much about WA though. Good luck!

post-2599-0-59092800-1294017661_thumb.jpg

post-2599-0-11176500-1294017884_thumb.jpg

I'm new to the fossil forum and I'm liveing in Wa. I've been hooked on looking for fossil crab and I've found a couple of kinds but looking for more can any one help me? Always in search for nautiloids Nautilus and Aturia fossil.the kinds I have are Portunities triangulum and Zanthopsis vulgaris I have a nother one found around Port Angles but not shur of it's kind it's hard to see it had been over taken by the sea before I could find it !

Welcome to the fossil forum. I am fairly familar with crabs from around here in washington so if you could get them picks up i could help you with identities. As far as localities for Aturia they are closly guarded secrets, but generally you can find them along the straights of juan de fuca now and then.

I'll try to tonight or ASAP. Thanks for any of the help!

This is such a great web site ! Wish and you shall receive!

Hopefully this will work

Here are some crab!

I can.not get pics to load. will some one give me there email and I can send the pics to them to try to load?Thanks

Edited by DLB

I can.not get pics to load. will some one give me there email and I can send the pics to them to try to load?Thanks

Click on this link: >LINK<; it is a tutorial on posting pictures to the Forum.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!