Best Prep Work Positions?

kolleamm

Ever time I do prep work for about a few hours my back just starts killing me. I usually lay down on the floor with a lamp lighting up the fossil when I do preping. I tried preping at a desk, but that just hurts my back even faster. How do you prep? What's the best possible position that could last the longest? Thanks

:) I have a home made work table and a real comfy office chair.The chair in relation to how I sit in the chair ends up being about 3/4 of the way up your steering wheel when you sit in your car.I try to keep the work at nearly arms legnth.

Ican usually work for extended periods of time this way. :D

Bear-dog.

I agree with bear-dog. The chair makes all the difference. Also force yourself to take breaks, that isn't hard for me because I am easily distracted, which is why I don't seem to get anything prepped. When my fingers start to go numb from the air scribe, or I feel a twitch in the neck or back that is an automatic signal to take a sip of coffee. When you take that break don't wander to far from your prep area, if you are married, the wife will find something else for you to do. :blush: :blush: :blush:

...When you take that break don't wander to far from your prep area, if you are married, the wife will find something else for you to do. :blush: :blush: :blush:

:rofl:

LOL!! Roger that!!!:D

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Yes,, a good office chair with wheels. I love the wheels. I find that if Iplant myself into the chair with my lower back against the back of the chair I can last a lot longer than if I sit on the fornt edge of the chair. And get up and take a break every hour. Stretch. Touch those toes.

Yes,, a good office chair with wheels. I love the wheels. I find that if Iplant myself into the chair with my lower back against the back of the chair I can last a lot longer than if I sit on the fornt edge of the chair. And get up and take a break every hour. Stretch. Touch those toes.

I will try, but you know when it comes to fossils I find taking a break very hard! :)