Public Poll (Period Of Interest)

R0ckhamm3r

What Period Do You Primarily Collect In?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you collect in the:

• Precambrian
    • Cambrian
    • Ordovician
    • Silurian
    • Devonian
    • Mississippian
    • Pennsylvanian
    • Permian
    • Triassic
    • Jurassic
    • Cretaceous
    • Paleocene
    • Eocene
    • Oligocene
    • Miocene
    • Pliocene
    • Pleistocene
    • Holocene

With all the other polls going on, I thought it would be interesting to find out what period our members are interested in.

My primary interest is in the Cretaceous.

In Indiana I collect a lot of Devonian stuff but when im in Texas its alllll about the Cretaceous!

The "Birdocene"; Cretaceous through Pleistocene (with no real hope of anything from the Jurassic).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Regularly,... mostly Early Jurassic-Late Triassic, occasionally with some Devonian,Ordocvician, and Pennsylvanian, and more rarely, a tiny smattering of Cretaceous thrown in.

CT, Mass, NY, and NJ are my regular haunts. :)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

welllll...guess i'm best known for hanging out in the pleistocene, but i've spent a fair amount of time in the cretaceous, semi-frequently been loitering in the eocene, and dabbled gingerly in the pennsylvanian and miocene. oh wait, i hung out in the precambrian some too. kinda dead around there. anyway, i've visited critters ranging from stromatolites to stuff that's still biting.

but of course i've frequently been places i had no idea where i was so...

More or less from Silurian up to Pleistocene (whereever you can find fossil fishes). Main hunting grounds are from the Devonian, Permian, Triassic and Jurassic.

Thomas

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

The "Birdocene"; Cretaceous through Pleistocene (with no real hope of anything from the Jurassic).

I second that but I call it the Gastropodocene. BTW aren't dinosaurs just big giant birds? :)

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

With all the other polls going on, I thought it would be interesting to find out what period our members are interested in.

My primary interest is in the Cretaceous.

I collect Mississippian because that's what I have near by, so for me its "love the one you're with"

but then I never met a rock I didn't like so who knows what the future might hold.

Max