Fish In Different Kinds Of Rock

RJB

Here are some fossil fish I prepped for the October Gem and Mineral Show in Billings Montana. The top left Prisci is from the split fish layers, the top right Prisci is from one of those hard marlstone layers about 30-40 feet above the famous 18 inch layer and the bones and scales on that prisci are exstreamly hard. The oval fish are from a rock the owner calls 'Blue Stone' and both the rock and the bones are very very hard which is why I love this kind of rock. Much harder to work with, but they should last about 150 lifetimes or more. I had these fish for sale at my show in billings, but I had purdy high retail prices so i didnt sell any of them. They may end up at that infamous garage sale my kids have after im dead and gone. HA!!!

RB

post-171-0-37533000-1294428168_thumb.jpg

It's nice to see your handy work again. Nice fish.

Thank you kind sir. Im keeping the little oval one on the bottom left. A very nice little diplo. Almost perfect!

RB

RJB.... Nice to see you back online... and very nice to see your work again... The edges how you got on the 'ovals' look fabulous...I bet they fly out at the shows, they'd appeal to even non fossil collectors...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

RJB.... Nice to see you back online... and very nice to see your work again... The edges how you got on the 'ovals' look fabulous...I bet they fly out at the shows, they'd appeal to even non fossil collectors...

Hey Terry. I had some purdy dang high prices on these things at the billings show and didnt sell a single one of them. I was joking somewhere about these oval fish being at a garage sale when I die, but with all the time to prep the fish, cut the rock into an oval shape, then smooth out the oval and get it polished on the edge to make it looked framed, i simply will not let them go for the prices of all the other green river fish that come from the split fish layers. I guess I will die fossil fish rich? Ha!!!

RB