Can Anyone Identify This Mineral

hedhunter72

i found this last weekend looking for arrowheads in ohio,its heavy,about 2 lbs,a magnet wont stick to it ,but a metal detector goes off on it,anybody know what it could be

post-328-1211980699_thumb.jpg

post-328-1211980709_thumb.jpg

post-328-1211980720_thumb.jpg

i found this last weekend looking for arrowheads in ohio,its heavy,about 2 lbs,a magnet wont stick to it ,but a metal detector goes off on it,anybody know what it could be

Is it very,very heavy? Or just heavy? Is the geology of the place metamorphic,or igneous?

try to heat it with a lamp;if then attract a magnet, it is pirrotine(spell like that?),with the formula:Fe11S12.If not, no idea.It cold be a tipe of rock,with many minerals (including iron): Skarn...

There are very good mineral pages in internet.Try to look there.Hope it helps you! -_-

Guest solius symbiosus

It is virtually impossible to ID a mineral from a photo. Whatever it is, it looks like a piece of road metal from a RR track, or something that was deposited by glaciers.

THIS site has some good links for IDing.

Haha, must be gneiss. :D

Agate it. Just don't take it for granite.

Carpe Diem, Carpe Somnium