Lufkin Man Claims To Own World’S Only Known In-Egg Pterodactyl Embryo

Nandomas

Nando: I really enjoyed reading that article... great discovery.... similar application of CAT scan can be applied to egg case from Mazon Creek and maybe find an embryo inside also....

Interesting... I wonder which "paleontology scientific conference" he plans to present his eggs at. The bit about hadrosaur hooves is also very interesting in that hadrosaur hooves are actually very well known, and not rare. I wonder what he means by he has the only ones...

If you denote a tone of skepticism, yup, that's me.

Interesting... I wonder which "paleontology scientific conference" he plans to present his eggs at. The bit about hadrosaur hooves is also very interesting in that hadrosaur hooves are actually very well known, and not rare. I wonder what he means by he has the only ones...

If you denote a tone of skepticism, yup, that's me.

I believe that this is a foot of the hadrosaur that was mentioned (with hooves). I know that it and the rest of the hadrosaur was being prepped for that guy's museum in Lufkin. Parts of it were on display at the 2010 HGMS show.

post-534-0-22262600-1296628405_thumb.jpg

Edited by MikeD

pterrific article Nando, can't wait to see the scans/pictures.:)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

I believe that this is a foot of the hadrosaur that was mentioned (with hooves). I know that it and the rest of the hadrosaur was being prepped for that guy's museum in Lufkin. Parts of it were on display at the 2010 HGMS show.

post-534-0-22262600-1296628405_thumb.jpg

Ah, so he's actually talking about the actual keratin hooves... OK, now I'm a bit more impressed.

Ah, so he's actually talking about the actual keratin hooves... OK, now I'm a bit more impressed.

not sure about keratin. i think of them as coffin bones. regardless, others are still marveling over their modern analogs

from the article: "In addition to Mary Anne, the museum will house a dimetrodon, a dinosaur famous for the sail-like spines along its back, a triceratops and a fleshed-out velociraptor made in Germany in connection with the movie “Jurassic Park.” Naranjo purchased the raptor from Tuscan."

Dimetrodon was a dinosaur? Realllllyy? :)

Good article, hoped to see some pics of the xrays ...

That hadrosaur is the exact same specimen that is supposed to have skin on it. As a matter of fact, if you look at the photo of the foot, you'll see the "skinned" tail in the background.

Edited by 32fordboy