Gray Ghost Meg

Foshunter

I purchased this Meg., Hawthorne Formation, at the Tampa Bay Fossil show from a South Carolina dealer, it is just shy of 5 1/2 inches. I don't have many Megs in my collection, as a personal preference, I tend to like the Sand Tigers, Angustidens and Great Whites but this tooth had such a variation of gray and white colors, just couldn't pass it up. I have started a gallery of South Carolina fossils that I have purchased as well as some of my personal finds from Summerville S.C. My son was stationed in Augusta, Georgia for most of his Army tour which Summerville is a 2 hour drive from his home. With the both of us being fossil hunters, a drive to that area was a sure thing. We met several hunters from that area that were kind enough to share some of their hunting sites that was greatly appreciated, it's always fun to hunt as a group and compare each others finds, just an awsome place to hunt.--Tom

post-3940-0-52868300-1296910940_thumb.jpg

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Were it mine, I would name it "John Mosby" :)

Very nice! :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Were it mine, I would name it "John Mosby" :)

Very nice! :wub:

Forgot about John Mosby.--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"