One Of My Favorite Small Shark Teeth

fossilselachian

This tiny shark tooth has always been one of my favorites. :)

Post some of your small shark teeth

post-294-1212689659_thumb.jpg

That beautiful tooth is only 1/4"? Truely a "small wonder"!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

These are all in my gallery as well but, since you asked.....

post-77-1212707914_thumb.jpg

post-77-1212707955_thumb.jpg

post-77-1212708026_thumb.jpg

post-77-1212708053_thumb.jpg

post-77-1212708085_thumb.jpg

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Northern Sharks

Really nice specimens - nice photo work. :D

Not Shark but these are certainly the smallest fish teeth I have. Not yet identified the "stones" surrounding it are grains of sand. Cretaceous, Lower Weald Clay, Surrey, England.

Edit. I have just had another look and tried to measure this, the maximum dimension of the whole palate is less than 1.5mm.

post-45-1212748253_thumb.jpg

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

I'm also going to post a picture of a related object. This I've identified (with help from elasmo.com) as a dermal denticle from a bramble shark (Echinorhinus blakei). Now I need to find a bramble shark tooth.

post-100-1212754556_thumb.jpg

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams

"Say hello to my little friends".

My hoard of Avisaurus archibaldi; a late Cretaceous bird (Not shark, but carinvorous & tiny).

The largest one, at 1/4", is ridiculously large for the species.

post-423-1212765756_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Not Shark but these are certainly the smallest fish teeth I have. Not yet identified the "stones" surrounding it are grains of sand. Cretaceous, Lower Weald Clay, Surrey, England.

Edit. I have just had another look and tried to measure this, the maximum dimension of the whole palate is less than 1.5mm.

OK, I have to know: how in the world did you find this?!

you guys should see a tooth jordan has,it is literally almost invisible to the human eye.I dont know how the kid found it but he is gotta be some sort of magician!!!He probably would take a pic but its so small most likley cant capture it.

Lowes Farm Krew For Life!

~C*J*J*D*D*G*P~

My Shark Teeth Website.MANSFIELD EXCLUSIVES!!

OK, I have to know: how in the world did you find this?!

It's on the back of a 21cm wide piece of bonebed I was checking out through my microscope.

The l/h pic shows another, different type of palate (button teeth), amongst other bits, from the left side of the the r/h pic.

post-45-1212831362_thumb.jpg

post-45-1212831916_thumb.jpg

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

Nice pictures. I just tried to take a couple pictures of the whale shark and small thresher I have. Need more than my 5mp to get the Fuzz out.

Nice pictures. I just tried to take a couple pictures of the whale shark and small thresher I have. Need more than my 5mp to get the Fuzz out.

The picture of the Hypotodus tooth that started this thread was taken with a 2 mp camera using a macro setting.

hi thought you might like to see these little shark teeth.

cretorectolobus frequens jurassic kimmeridge clays dorset uk the smallest 0.3 to the largest 1.0 mm

post-473-1212917506_thumb.jpg

post-166-1212953563_thumb.jpg post-166-1212953572_thumb.jpg

So, encouraged by this thread, I sifted through the piles of teeth that my kids like to pick up at Post Oak Creek here in Texas.

I always knew they loved to collect the tiny ones, but on the whole I ignored them. :)

Can anyone tell me what this little beauty is?

Every complex scientific problem has an elegant and simple solution... and it is wrong.

post-166-1212954104_thumb.jpg

Encouraged by how that photo turned out, I took a picture of all our sub-1/4" teeth that are in good condition.

A couple look to me like fish teeth of some sort, and the one center-bottom appears to be completely conical and neither fish nor shark.

Every complex scientific problem has an elegant and simple solution... and it is wrong.

Is this a Texas Cretaceous tooth? Great specimen

• 2 years later...

I know I'm time-traveling in the forum but no one answered the question. I think that's a Johnlongia.

So, encouraged by this thread, I sifted through the piles of teeth that my kids like to pick up at Post Oak Creek here in Texas.

I always knew they loved to collect the tiny ones, but on the whole I ignored them. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This tiny shark tooth has always been one of my favorites. :)

Post some of your small shark teeth

post-294-1212689659_thumb.jpg

A miracle that it is fully intact. That species rarely is in such good condition!