Favourite Trilobite

Quarryrat

I think this could be interpreted as fairly compelling evidence for a trilobite that died either DURING ecdysis or shortly before. All the evidence points to yes. The shell is thin, the sutures are loose but still in very close contact..the glabella has just seperated and moved forward...thoughts?

post-4907-0-83744900-1297458298_thumb.jpg

I think this could be interpreted as fairly compelling evidence for a trilobite that died either DURING ecdysis or shortly before. All the evidence points to yes. The shell is thin, the sutures are loose but still in very close contact..the glabella has just seperated and moved forward...thoughts?

Superb QuarryRat and I concur 100% ... ecdysis is strongly indicated here. EVERYTHING is correct. B)

Can I ask a small favor please? Certainly this beauty is worthy of its own thread but unlikely to be comparable or rivaled by many other examples. Because of PzF's wildly successful trilobite thread I can't imagine any objection to posting this magnificent trilobite there as well. I suspect the other thread will continue to grow indefinitely and your fine example here should be memorialized there as well. ;)

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

I feel for the little trilobite. We just lost our pet crab during ecdysis. Nice find.