Fossil Snakes

xonenine

I was trawling the web, when it occured to me I've yet to hear too much about Snake fossils, and Snake Evolution.

More frustratingly tho', the search results returned for Snake Fossils on Google are a meager dated repast, at best.Here's a story I found fascinating, mind you it's a year old.

If anyone has some good Snake stuff to share, I'd be interested, thanks, Carmine.:)

67 Million Yr Old Snake Fossil Found Eating Baby Dinosaurs

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

many years ago, i got to know various snakes relatively well. it seems that when you have no arms and legs and a very significant percentage of your anatomy is always in contact with the ground, you are more in tune with the yin and yang and harmoniousities of the terrestrial and fluvial aspects of your environment and you cling to the former and eschew the latter, so as not to become, um, fossilized, or its more immediate predecessor, drowned.

snakes listen to their mothers.

Thanks Joe, that will keep me busy for a bit.:)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

There are some amazing in-depth papers in there Joe, I'm really enjoying them thanks again!!!

Carmine.

I had found snake bones in flow-stone before, though we weren't sure on how old they were. They were found in a dolostone bluff overlooking the Rock River in Rockton Il. Thats as close as I got to finding fossil snakes.