Mother Nature Is A Tease!

Crinoid Queen

Mother nature decided to give us a sudo spring thaw last week. The entire week was 50's and one day was 63!! It melted all our snow so I figured I was gonna get out and hunt right. I got out to the creek and the only place in the entire area that still had snow was the banks of the creek. I was so bummed! :(

A few days latter it is back down to 20's again with another 5 to 7in of snow looming over our head. I am bored out of my mind looking for something to do and I realize that The big snow pile has finally melted off the few slabs that I had outside weathering. So I poked around and a few new Macrocrinus mundulus have popped out over the winter :D

post-1179-0-92929200-1298592710_thumb.jpg

post-1179-0-93044100-1298592712_thumb.jpg

post-1179-0-69266500-1298592714_thumb.jpg

post-1179-0-34970700-1298592716_thumb.jpg

Looks nice, CQ. Hope your hands didn't get too cold!

I was fine till about the last 30 ft when the water came into my waders lol BRRRR!!!!

Newbie here.

the pictures and fossils were great.Was there any other cleaning, other than the weathering? Thanks.

I love this site.

Newbie here.

the pictures and fossils were great.Was there any other cleaning, other than the weathering? Thanks.

I love this site.

Nice to have you aboard. Like to introduce yourself?

Best wishes, Roger

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Very nice, the warm spell was needed, nice to get rid of the snow. It is wise to have material laying around to go through in the winter.

Steve

Newbie here.

I love this site.

Welcome to the Forum! Yes I always have to do some amount of preparation on my fossils. Some I have to dig almost the entire head out and others you only must make them look pretty :) If you look in my gallery you can see the different degrees of work needed. Nice to meet u!

CQ-

cool weatherization-collecting. How long have those rocks been in the backyard weathering?

Ummm I'm not quite sure I think it was one that was either from summer before last or 2 years old. I know it was not from last summer that's all I am sure about :)

Yes Scmense it was nice to get rid of the snow for a while but it is back for me now :( We just got about 3in last night. I want it to be spring soooooo bad!!!!