Water Filled (Inhydrous) Sea Bisquit With Air Bubble Video

sharkstooth diver

The video is partly out of focus but I think I can see what you are talking about. I suppose the next questions should be; what age strata? did you find it underwater? and has water seeped out of it (possibly suggesting it seeped in rather than being there for a very long time)?

The video is partly out of focus but I think I can see what you are talking about. I suppose the next questions should be; what age strata? did you find it underwater? and has water seeped out of it (possibly suggesting it seeped in rather than being there for a very long time)?

i found it about 6 yrs. ago and the size of the bubble has stayed the same size. i think if there was a air leak it would have evaporated.i found this particular one way above the waterline, totally by chance and luck.if i drink it is it the magic fossil finding elixer?

That is unique in my (limited) experience, and very cool!

A hardness test (scratches/is scratched by glass) would help determine the preserving mineral. I'm thinking calcite (softer than glass). Whether it is ancient water or not will be tougher to answer...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That is unique in my (limited) experience, and very cool!

A hardness test (scratches/is scratched by glass) would help determine the preserving mineral. I'm thinking calcite (softer than glass). Whether it is ancient water or not will be tougher to answer...

thanx for the help getting me through the video process,there will be more my girl recently got me a video dive mask,and i've been using it!

thanx for the help getting me through the video process,there will be more my girl recently got me a video dive mask,and i've been using it!

This land lubber would like to see the results! ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

those are cool, I have 2 pieces of smaller coral I found with water in it and one piece sof a busycon or possible a kings crown whorl with it. I have found a few of the bigger coral heads up to 50+ lbs with water trapped in it.One head the kids and I actually drank it when I spalled it open. This head came from a clay layer about 15 ft down. It was awesome

faith is a journey not a destination

www.rockhobbies.com

Guest N.AL.hunter

I have never found fossils that are crystalline with water in them, but I have found selenite crystals that have water and bubbles in them.

Maybe you could add a few photos of the object to better understand what is in the video.... :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ