Look At Life From Both Sides Now

Scylla

that was great Gus, thanks, sponge be with you...:)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

I see I must thank you again for my Sunday morning fare, I will have this with my coffee tomorrow...:)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

This is a very nice and easy read. It is really interesting to speculate that geological processes such as the marine enrichment of phosphorus could have acted as a boost for the diversication of life forms. It makes it even more awe-inspiring if we take into account that all the elements heavier than helium must have been formed in the core uf a sun through nuclear fusion. Collapsing of the sun has set free the heavier elements such as carbon, phosphorus and nitrogen - elements that are the basic constituents of proteins and DNA and with that, life.

I find it quite amazing that the mass that constitutes my body as well as the coffee I am drinking right now, once was created in the core of a sun. During the process of nuclear fusion that created all these heavy atoms, that are sitting in front of the computer right now, also vast amounts of energy and light was generated. So some part of myself still probably roams through the universe as a ray of light, so much older than me but originating from the same piece of original matter or put the other way round, I am the distant, materialized echo of that light beam that was created eons ago.

Guess I have to stop now, this here could still be some kind of effect from the wine degustation that took place yesterdy here in town.