Question For The Pro's.

bear-dog

:) Have a question for the pro's.I found a 90+% complete Stelmys shell a while back but the matrix was softer than talc.Since the matrix was crumbly,I removed the pieces ,cleaned them ,and treated them,etc.I wanted the shell in the same shape it was found in so I put it back using a filler.

I want to highlight the numerous bite marks in it.Do I paint the filler one color, and the bite marks another,or paint it all one color? :D HELP! :wacko:

Bear-dog.

d00d - it isn't a "pro" question. it's a matter of personal preference. how do YOU want it to look? gotta please yerself, since it's your fossil.

:) Thanks for your reply,Iwas beginning to think no body loves me any more. :( What I'm trying for is to show off the fossil,not the filler,yet highlight the many bitemarks.I want everyone [or at least 2 or 3 ]to admire the ravaged fossil in as few colors as possible. :D

Bear-dog.

sounds like you know what you want and are just looking for affirmation, so i fully support your decision. go for the gusto.

:unsure: Not to worry anymore.Took my turtle to a local High School for a talk on fossils.The teacher hooked me up with a student to help carry the fossils.Everything was in boxes,so I had him to carry the boxed turtle as there was no room left on my cart.

Half way across the lot,I heard a unsetteling crash.As I looked back,I seen a 600+piece jigsaw puzzle roll across the parking lot. :o I casually swept the remains into a box and continued on[no scolding or choking as it was an accident].The turtle now resides in my rock garden as its too demolished to repair. :notfair:

Edited by bear-dog

Bear-dog.