Oldest Footprints Found On Land From Ontario

pleecan

I made tracks like that when I staggered out of the ocean in Ontario Too :coldb: :lol:

Interesting info Pleecan. I wonder if they have updated any of the dating techniques

or found other tracks since then

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

I made tracks like that when I staggered out of the ocean in Ontario Too :coldb: :lol:

Interesting info Pleecan. I wonder if they have updated any of the dating techniques

or found other tracks since then

Here is the implication... tantalizing clues of the past....

I think this is exciting news.... if those tracks are genuine, then there must be fossilized remains for these creatures... but has any one found them? Hence ... I will be on the look out for a large amphibious arthropod with a tail .... euthycarcinoids in the Ordovician formation onward in time. The paper estimates the creature to be 50 cm = 20 inches.... base on track size and that is a BIG fossil for Ontario.

I would not mind digging up a 20" euthycarcinoid.........

Peter

Thanks Peter. Very interesting. 2002 isn't that dated. I was already over 50 then. ;)

By the way, the article should be published soon. I'll send you a pdf when it comes.

Best wishes, Roger.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Thanks Peter. Very interesting. 2002 isn't that dated. I was already over 50 then. ;)

By the way, the article should be published soon. I'll send you a pdf when it comes.

Best wishes, Roger.

Thanks Roger... looking forward to the publication.

We just had 20cm of show dump on S. Ont and Arkona area.... kind of wreck an early start to fossil huntings.... waiting for the snow to melt....

Best Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have some terrible snow storms around easter time on memory, so cross your fingers and be glad you don't live in Alberta. Poor Grampa....

Keep warm, Roger

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Old footprints from Ontario...

...Cool! :)

What a wonderful menagerie! Who would believe that such as register lay buried in the strata? To open the leaves, to unroll the papyrus, has been an intensely interesting though difficult work, having all the excitement and marvelous development of a romance. And yet the volume is only partly read. Many a new page I fancy will yet be opened. -- Edward Hitchcock, 1858

Formerly known on the forum as Crimsonraptor

@Diplotomodon on Twitter