Important News!

tracer

Pre-Clovis, and a good case for it, too!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

makes me wish I was back at Leif Johnson Ford in Austin now, I miss all that teasin bout being a NYer :)

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

:) Congrats.Not being rude cause you are so cool,I'm sucking up to you sucking up to Auspix or sompin.But were they from Mexico,or did they get there from some place else ? :D

Bear-dog.

i don't suck up to auspix - i just admire him because he seems very decent, very smart, and very good at turning a phrase. but i don't know why you think he's from mexico, cuz as far as i know, he's in virginia.

:) Congrats.Not being rude cause you are so cool,I'm sucking up to you sucking up to Auspix or sompin.But were they from Mexico,or did they get there from some place else ? :D

According to the article, via boat from Asia, following the Alaskan & Canadian coastlines. How and where they got half-way across the continent after that is anybody's guess.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

:) Thanks Auspex,

Just curious as from an article I read they [the first Americans]were supposed to have came down the east coast inta America. :D

Bear-dog.

My link

In TEXAS?? Have you Texans been finding good stuff predating Clovis and not putting it up on TFF?

EDIT: Merged for continuity

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Excellent; pictures in this article!

Excellent; pictures in this article!

Thanks for the merge -- should have read the posts before adding a new one.

Another good thing is that the location is "generally" identified.

... Waters and his team discovered the primitive toolkit in a well-preserved layer of soil at Buttermilk Creek in central Texas. Directly above it lay another, distinct layer dating from the Clovis era.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

A friend sent me this story I'll share here

My link

Oh...I missed seeing Tracers post and originally posted this on the general topic page. I gotta start paying closer attention.

Edited by BobWill