Naples- Sites & Shops

West4me

I'm in Naples and I've never been fossil hunting anywhere but Missouri. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on where to start around here?

"You have to listen. It is under the rocks."

You will also need a sifter for the Peace River. It is much easier to go with a guide, especially if you are only here for a few days. I recommend megalodonexpeditions.com or fossilexpeditions.com

I called and booked a trip for Wednesday as long as the weather is fair I will have my first tooth expedition :) thanks for the advice.

I live in Central Florida and had no idea things like this existed here. I am also from Missouri originally (Graduate of Mizzou). If I can, I might see about going this weekend but I haven never been further south than Sarasota.

Edited by alorindanya

Naples??

Naples, Florida; really great Pliocene shells

Naples, Italy; really great Pliocene shells

:P

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

I made it back from the trip last night at 3 am. I had an amazing time. Went on two outings and will tell about them a bit later, with pictures. Mark Renz was awesome!

I made it back from the trip last night at 3 am. I had an amazing time. Went on two outings and will tell about them a bit later, with pictures. Mark Renz was awesome!

I'm glad you had an enjoyable time.