New here

Kevin

yo,

My names Kevin,im 21 and am new here. I buy and collect prehistoric rhino fossils. I currently possess a part of jaw of Hyracodon with 4 teeth on it,a metatarsal toe of Teleoceras proterum,and am currently in process of buying a rare Menoceras' maxilla in very good condition..

Well,may sound silly but as a child I had a HUGE interest in prehistoric rhinos. I'd go to the library and get tons ofbooks,i'd go to natural history museums,etc. Recently for some reason i got back into it,and into the paleotology of it. Found the site http://fossilsonline.com.

Well I am positive if you get a chance to go on a dig or to get out on a fossil hunting trip you will be collecting everything you can find.

Kevin, I have a friend that lives in OK. He was telling me that quite a few years back when Lake Texoma (isn't that it's name?) got real low, his friend's Dad found some bones in the clay and mud of the lake... Well, my friend went out there and walked the area.. and found out there was tons of mammoth bones there... He kept a few, and if I remember, sent me pictures... This has been well over a year ago... They called the museum right after all this, a FEW times... They never responded.. My friend is one of those guys that hunts arrowheads and...not much else... so he wasn't too excited about it..

That just goes to show you.... you can probably find stuff closer to where you live than you think. I doubt you're gonna find much rhino, but I wouldn't know... I know nothing of the geology of OK... If you email me or send me a private message on here (click my name and "send message"), I'll send you some links to sites that sell rhino fossils.

~Cris

kevin,

welcome to the forum. if you are ever in utah you should let me know i would be more than happy to take you around and find all sorts of stuff. unfortunately i don't know of anywhere to find rhino stuff. i do however have many really good contacts for wholesale dealers, so if you are looking for something in particular send me a message and i will get looking for it. i am sure that if i can find it it will be cheaper than on the net. also this offer goes for anyone on the forum, fossil hunting or purchases.

brock

yo,

My names Kevin,im 21 and am new here. I buy and collect prehistoric rhino fossils. I currently possess a part of jaw of Hyracodon with 4 teeth on it,a metatarsal toe of Teleoceras proterum,and am currently in process of buying a rare Menoceras' maxilla in very good condition..

I sure like rhinos, too, Kevin.

I have a number of rhino fossils, but check out this print I have. It's signed "Pitre 1972." It is surreal and . . . just wild! I love it.

-----Harry Pristis

post-42-1190663777_thumb.jpg

post-42-1190663813_thumb.jpg

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest