An Interesting Trilobite

CAESAR

This trilobite is an undescribed genus/species of Family Oryctocephalidae, I got this specimen some days ago and it is so strange that I have never seen it before. This trilobite is very rarely seen and occurs with Arthricocephalus chauveaui which commonly yielding in great abundance.

Its glabella appears very similar as the Arthricocephalus chauveaui, but its exoskeleton is much longer and it has at least 19 segments and a very small pygidium.

NAME: Undescribed Genus/Species

SIZE: 2 cm

post-912-0-28630800-1301482354_thumb.jpg

Very interesting. Is there any speculation about a relationship between the two?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

...i thought china blocked off fossil selling to other locations :o but take this chance anyways. it's worth it ;)

CAESAR is a professional ;)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• New Members

This trilobite is an undescribed genus/species of Family Oryctocephalidae, I got this specimen some days ago and it is so strange that I have never seen it before. This trilobite is very rarely seen and occurs with Arthricocephalus chauveaui which commonly yielding in great abundance.

Its glabella appears very similar as the Arthricocephalus chauveaui, but its exoskeleton is much longer and it has at least 19 segments and a very small pygidium.

NAME: Undescribed Genus/Species

SIZE: 2 cm

Hi, all~

It is so lovely and uncommon, I love it! :wub:

Guest N.AL.hunter

I think this trilobite is quite pretty from an aesthetic point-of-view. The number of segments adds to its standing apart from similar forms. Nice!!

and so are the diggers :P

and WOAHHH caeser's from china too? sweet :P watsup homie B)

we are very lucky to have CAESAR with us and recently he shared this find: My link

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Just as I mentioned moments ago ... the stuff legends are made of !! :sword:

In 1959 it was placed within treatise section of unrecognizable genera. How fitting that Bergeron the great describer of Drepanura over 100 years ago was also the one to record whatever bits and pieces were known from Arthricocephalus chauveaui back in 1899. No small wonder I suppose that the beautiful damesellid Bergeronites was named in his honor. It is only a matter of time before one of your legendary discoveries will be named in your honor as well.

You are well on your way Qing. Congratulations and Well Done ... BRAVO !! :thumbsu:

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

• 1 year later...

Looking back at this thread again, I have to say WOW. Unlike last year's me (a little naughty boy), I now truly understand the significance of this new trilobite. Very nice Oryctocephaliid CAESAR :)

Apologies to CAESAR and anyone else who saw my immature posts from a year ago. -_-

Anyway, so does this trilobite come from an earlier epoch than Oryctocephalus indicus?

And I think this Trilobite is similar Lancastria Kobayashi from north America. Lancastria has 19 segments too!

Edited by ChinaBoy