Formaldehyde: Poison Could Have Set The Stage For The Origins Of Life

xonenine

"Formaldehyde, a poison and a common molecule throughout the universe, is likely the source of the solar system's organic carbon solids"...Science Daily

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Interesting...however weird it may seem I don't think that's too far-fetched. After all there have been crazier theories ;)

I like it, thanks for sharing!

What a wonderful menagerie! Who would believe that such as register lay buried in the strata? To open the leaves, to unroll the papyrus, has been an intensely interesting though difficult work, having all the excitement and marvelous development of a romance. And yet the volume is only partly read. Many a new page I fancy will yet be opened. -- Edward Hitchcock, 1858

Formerly known on the forum as Crimsonraptor

@Diplotomodon on Twitter

"Formaldehyde, a poison and a common molecule throughout the universe, is likely the source of the solar system's organic carbon solids"...Science Daily

Neat article... poison is a relative term.... for instance if you were an anerobic bacteria then oxygen is a poison......