2 Tiny Teeth (g-ville)

Serack

Until 2 weeks ago when I posted the post storm hunt, I really had found few to no maco's and I had thought that maybe these 2 small teeth were just that.

Today I was looking on Elasmo and saw some pics of " Thresher shark" teeth that looked similar so I thought I would ask around. I wouldn't know if the G-ville formations could possibly produce them or not. Also, in some ways they do resemble some of the larger teeth that I assume to be macos although they are significantly squatter and have more tilt to them.

The 3rd pic has the teeth with some maco's that illustrate the similarities to certain degrees. The 4th pic is of the jar that I have been putting the majority of the small teeth I have been finding over the past 2 months. I included the pic for some scope on how these 2 teeth are the only 2 of their kind out of a LOT of teeth that I have found here in G-ville.

post-462-1214108767_thumb.jpg

post-462-1214108780_thumb.jpg

post-462-1214108794_thumb.jpg

post-462-1214108805_thumb.jpg

Look like Thresher to me. I have a couple from Aurora about the same size that look identical.

Look like Thresher to me. I have a couple from Aurora about the same size that look identical.

Thanks, as you can see, these are the only 2 I have found out of a LOT of teeth, although their size might have a bit to do with it, as they could probably easily fall through my screen. Either way, to me they are an uncommon find and it's nice to have expanded the # of ID'd species I have collected by 1.

Lets see... That brings the count up to 8 if you group the "grey" sharks (duskies, bull etc) as one. I'm trying to post a pic of the new display case I got, but I'm having trouble. It's large so I tried a higher res photo, but it doesn't seem like the forum wants me to post a pic with a file size slightly larger than .5 megs.

Definately threshers. Probably Alopias latidens

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Guest bmorefossil

yes they are both threshers, the left one is an upper alopias latidens and the other is a lower alopias latidens