They Have Arrived!

Sinopaleus

as some of you know, i've been expecting two new trilobites for my collection. well, its finally on its way to me, and im sure that during these 10 days i wont be getting some good sleep. ^_^ i'd like to introduce you all to my two newest trilobites. (photo credit goes to M.Youssef B))

#1. 2.75" Paralejurus hamlagdadicus (Type A), Alnif, Morocco

#2. 4.0" Asaphellus sp, Zagora, Morocco

with these new fantastic trilobites, i will be able to observe the variety of trilobite anatomy in a more in-depth manner. the paralejurus has inspired me to research on how trilobites feed, with its single preserved hypostome. i will be able to compare the difference between modern arthropods feeding methods and techniques with those of trilobites. with the magnificent asaphellus here, i suddenly have a welled up urge to research on trilobite size as evolution rolls on in the paleozoic era.

thanks to malek, i've been inspired to do more research on trilobites in general. that way, i can gain more knowledge upon prehistoric arthropods, and expand my level of expertise into a more advanced zone. and also, i can finally communicate with some of you with this way. B)

post-4996-0-00198000-1304614467_thumb.png

post-4996-0-75207400-1304614624_thumb.png

Edited by fossil maniac
  • Enjoyed 1

check out the hypostome. B)

Fine introduction and trilos, Henly :wub:

Keep in peace as they do on their way to you...:)

Astrinos P. Damianakis

Superb!! The waiting period is the absolute worst. I feel your pain!! I'll be excited to see them in your museum. The paralejurus is my favorite. A beautiful specimen!

• 3 weeks later...

after 15 days of constant waiting, the parcel finally arrived from malek. the trilobites are amazing, and all measurements are correct. B)

here is the asaphellus.

post-4996-0-14845900-1305990416_thumb.jpg

post-4996-0-66089500-1305990525_thumb.jpg

i even got a little present from him! :o

its an asaphid in the meraspid stage of growth, from the ordovician of Fezouata formation.

thank you malek!! ^_^

post-4996-0-90321800-1305991294_thumb.jpg

Henry... Fantastic, Ive never seen work done to them like that... fabulous ;)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)