Holliday To Florida

arien

Hello I am going to florida in june is there anybody here who can tell me some nice places to go for hunting for sharkteeth or is there somebody who wants to go with me to some nice spots in and around tampa

Please let me know if you know some nice spots I know the famous spots like venice and peace river

let me know by mail I also take some nice teeth with me for trade from belgium see pictures this are teeth of some of my collection if you are interested please mail me ok I have lots of nice teeth

Greats Ariën

post-2749-0-88310900-1304708915_thumb.jpg

post-2749-0-93444600-1304708966_thumb.jpg

Edited by arien

• 2 weeks later...

Arien,

I hope you are getting some collecting advice. I used to visit friends in Tampa before they moved farther north. I never found a site to collect around town. You can find fossils in the Hillsborough River which cuts through town but it is polluted so no one dives it. At a library on Fowler Ave (same street as the University of South Florida and the MOSI, Museum of Science and Industry) there were some fossils on display.

Hello I am going to florida in june is there anybody here who can tell me some nice places to go for hunting for sharkteeth or is there somebody who wants to go with me to some nice spots in and around tampa

Please let me know if you know some nice spots I know the famous spots like venice and peace river

let me know by mail I also take some nice teeth with me for trade from belgium see pictures this are teeth of some of my collection if you are interested please mail me ok I have lots of nice teeth

Greats Ariën

There are some beaches (Venice, Manasota, ect.) a little south of Tampa. It is located near Desoto, and the Sarasota area. The beach is known as the Shark Tooth capital of the world. You are looking for a beach called "Caspern beach" would be your best bet for shark teeth. There is also a river called the Peace river that has an abuntent supply of Megalodon teeth, as well as mammals such as Mammoths. Hope this helps :)

"Re-living History, one piece at a time..."

There are some beaches (Venice, Manasota, ect.) a little south of Tampa. It is located near Desoto, and the Sarasota area. The beach is known as the Shark Tooth capital of the world. You are looking for a beach called "Caspern beach" would be your best bet for shark teeth. There is also a river called the Peace river that has an abuntent supply of Megalodon teeth, as well as mammals such as Mammoths. Hope this helps :)

I believe it is Casperson Beach in Venice. When I went there, a long time ago, you could rent a "Florida snow shovel" which is a sifter scoop on a pole. You can wade out into the surf and when you feel gravel under your feet, scoop some up and sift it.

Megalodon_Hunter may comment because he has traveled recently to the Venice area, but it is challenging to go on a vacation and have the equiptment to be successful (not only kayaks to get away from the overly fossil-ed spots) but also shovels, sieves, dive boots or throw away shoes.

There are places that are easy to access on the Peace (Arcadia, Gardner, Zolfo Springs, Wauchula) but your expectations should be to find only small teeth because many have search the same locations.

More of the best things I find are far away from public access points, but I have found some very nice small fossils in the well trafficked spots -- it pays to be lucky :)

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"