Nsr Pleistocene Zoo

Foshunter

This is an assemblage of Pleistocene material, minus the Mastodon teeth and bones already in my gallery, found in the river at different times. All this material has a carmel color except the Mastodon which is white, guess it was laid down at different periods. The bone behind the penny is a mystery , thought it was an Equus medial phalanx but is way different than the others pictured. I also have a camel kneecap that was late for the photo, no glory for it. I hope my fellow members don't get tired of seeing my collection, have only one person in my community that is a fossil hunter to show it to. I want to share with other enthusiasts what I have accumulated over the years and maybe someone on the Forum can glean some meager information from my posts--Tom

post-3940-0-44487200-1305052354_thumb.jpg

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

The subject matter, the arrangements, the photos...there are more than a few appreciative eyes here which will never tire of such!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Don't stop, now. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

perissodactyl distal phalange? tapir?

Thanks Tracer, I have a couple of Taper teeth that are long lost around here somewhere that are from the river as well--Thanks again--Tom

"Don't Tread On Me"

the collections are really cool. when you run out of different types of things to post, start rearranging them and taking different pictures and posting them again. i won't complain.

:)

Quite the Pleistocene menagerie you've got there. Is that a sloth phalanx that is sitting on top of the metapodial?

-Joe

it looks like TWO sloth phalanges on the metapodial :)

Quite the Pleistocene menagerie you've got there. Is that a sloth phalanx that is sitting on top of the metapodial?

-Joe

Joe---I was lucky to find a little sloth material but any Pliestocene material from the channel is hard to come by, thanks for asking--Tom

"Don't Tread On Me"

I learn a lot from your posts and always enjoy seeing material from the Sulphur. Keep em coming. :eat popcorn:

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Tom...

Having spent countless hundreds of hours in the NSR channel myself, I KNOW how difficult it is to find intact Pleistocene material. Your collection is very impressive.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Tom...

Having spent countless hundreds of hours in the NSR channel myself, I KNOW how difficult it is to find intact Pleistocene material. Your collection is very impressive.

-Joe

Thanks Joe, I have looked at your collection and it's awsome--Tom

"Don't Tread On Me"

Very nice collection there and as BFG stated always nice to see fossils others pull from the NSR. As from my recent post in id section I believe I have a bone that appears to go with yours.