Seabird Fossil Found In California

Boesse

congratulations, and what a great fossil to see, thanks!

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

way to go Robert W. Boessenecker. And all for one little bone. (Tooting my own horn:) I managed the Casper news last night cuz we moved our partial hadrosaur skelton, which will hopefully be the subject of my SVP talk. They cam to report on us moving the thing, and tghe story showed nothing of the exciting move... Roll My eyes.

Bobby, you got any pix you can show us?

Edited by jpc

You're a rock star, Bobby!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Remember when Bobby was just a youngster on this forum? Now look at him. :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Hey Folks,

Thanks for the compliments! I've attached a photo of the find. I guess I'm still a youngster in many regards...

Bobby

EDIT: this is a combination of figure 2 and part of figure 1 from the article. I drafted the skeletal reconstruction, which is based on and re-posed (with permission) from a reconstruction by Carlos Anzures of Pelagornis chilensis.

post-225-0-02080300-1305274024_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boesse

hey ya'll, get in line. i been bragging about knowing bobby since before he was famous. i even brag about living on the same continent. he gives me a sense of porpoise in life...

Guest N.AL.hunter

That is great news. I must admit it is really nice that we do have some true paleontologists on the FF. Wonder what else you have in the works?