I Got Myself A Graduation Present.

PaleoRon

I've been interested in Ptychodus for several years but I live in a Ptychodus-less area. I've found a few Ptychodus teeth on trips to Texas, bought some, and traded for others. A few weeks ago I found an associated set of P. mortoni, from Kansas, for sale. I finally broke down and bought them last week. There are 350+ upper and lower jaw teeth, most are loose but some are in matrix. I have worked on them for several hours with my air tools and they are looking much better than when I got them. One more day of listening to the compressor and they should be finished. One group of teeth in matrix is really interesting, the teeth are pointing up on one half and down on the other half. It seems to represent teeth from both upper and lower jaws on the same piece of matrix. The largest teeth in the set are just over 1 1/4 inches.

post-210-0-58442000-1305410523_thumb.jpg

post-210-0-79258500-1305410531_thumb.jpg post-210-0-59246000-1305410537_thumb.jpg

post-210-0-09896200-1305410571_thumb.jpg

Very nice! I seem to remember those, or a set like it, (half up half down), on here before.

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

You don't do anything half way, do you?!

Awesome acquisition, and congrats on your graduation!!!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Now that is a nice purchase, I always wanted to find an articulated plate--Nice--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Wow, great pick-up. At some point I want to get a dentition like that and then put it together. Congratulations on your graduation also.

I've been interested in Ptychodus for several years but I live in a Ptychodus-less area. I've found a few Ptychodus teeth on trips to Texas, bought some, and traded for others. A few weeks ago I found an associated set of P. mortoni, from Kansas, for sale. I finally broke down and bought them last week. There are 350+ upper and lower jaw teeth, most are loose but some are in matrix. I have worked on them for several hours with my air tools and they are looking much better than when I got them. One more day of listening to the compressor and they should be finished. One group of teeth in matrix is really interesting, the teeth are pointing up on one half and down on the other half. It seems to represent teeth from both upper and lower jaws on the same piece of matrix. The largest teeth in the set are just over 1 1/4 inches.

You don't do anything half way, do you?!

Awesome acquisition, and congrats on your graduation!!!

You know what they say, "If it's worth doing . . . "

Does anyone know what ever happened to that plate from the old post??

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Nice plate! B) Congrats on Graduation! :D You have quite a project there. Good luck.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Great buy for you Ron! They look great and will make a fine addition to your already awesome collection.

Of course it will be great to see you again when you come down and add some more Tx Ptychodus to your collection :)

Maybe we can add a P. whipplei tooth set to your collection to compliment that awesome set..

Great buy for you Ron! They look great and will make a fine addition to your already awesome collection.

Of course it will be great to see you again when you come down and add some more Tx Ptychodus to your collection :)

Maybe we can add a P. whipplei tooth set to your collection to compliment that awesome set..

Sounds good to me.

It gets better looking every time I see it! ;)

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'