Todays Haul

chele

This morning was good. I got a pretty big load of rock. Hopefully I can get some decent leaves out of them. The wildlife were out and about today enjoying the sun(finally). B) I took the pic of the goose running in front of our truck. It was so funny. He wouldn't move off the road, it was like he wanted to race. And the dreaded vulture was back, and this time he had a friend.

post-5476-0-72863900-1305490347_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-03556600-1305490385_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-41475700-1305490458_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-32004400-1305490512_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-09864800-1305490539_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-57691900-1305490807_thumb.jpg

Edited by chele

Chelebele

Nice photos, Chele. Seems you really have a variety of fossils very close to home. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Nice photos, Chele. Seems you really have a variety of fossils very close to home. :)

Thank you John. Most of my fossils are found within a 2 mile radius from the house. It is very nice because whithin a few minutes I am hunting. I have not made it out to the ranch yet. I am hoping to find some verts there. I would not have found so much if it were not for the members of this forum. Between tips from you guys and reading past topics I have learned alot! It all started with one question and the interst grew. Now instead of looking for agates I look for fossils. :D

Edited by chele

Chelebele

You've been busy... How did you get those 2 big boulders on your tailgate and how does it not collapse under the weight??

You've been busy... How did you get those 2 big boulders on your tailgate and how does it not collapse under the weight??

My husband and his brother loaded them for me. Like my husband says "it's a chevy built ford tough!" There was a lot of weight in the truck this morning. The front end was very light and the truck wandered a bit on the drive back to the house. I had to get as many as I could because tomorrow the canal will be flooded and I don't know how long it would be before it is drained.

Chelebele

Wow, that is really super cool having so many fossils within a couple miles of your house. I know I joke about the weather up there, but what a wonderful place that must really be.

Wow, that is really super cool having so many fossils within a couple miles of your house. I know I joke about the weather up there, but what a wonderful place that must really be.

It is a great place to live. Before I joined this forum I was an agate picker. I never really noticed any fossils. I found one and joined this forum to find out what it was. Now I hardly find agates, and find alot of fossils. I have found fossils less than 1,000 feet from my house. The town I live in is a farm/ranch community. It is very small(about 260 people). Everyone here hunts agates, I think I am the ony one that hunts fossils. Life here is quite slower than most other cities. I am getting used to ordering most things off the web. As soon as things dry up here I can start hitting the hills and hopefully find some vertebrates. I have permission to go on thousands of acres to hunt but alas mother nature keeps putting it off. If the ranchers would let me take some people along, you guys on the forum would be welcome to hunt. I will try to get permission for some to accompany me so I could learn more, and give someone a chance to hunt eastern Montana.

chele

Chelebele