From And Around Kansas City To St. Louis

Nandomas

A little out of my range, but some places to look for locations

Google Missouri fossils-there is a a small (2 page) DNR publication that covers some common sites, there may be some along I-70. There may be a book of geology for I-70, if time is not of the essence to get it, it would have to be ordered from the USGS or DNR out of Rolla, I think. There is one for I-55, which is quite good, and a short trip down I-55 will have many fossil locations near St. Louis.

Also, there is the Eastern Missouri Society for Palentology, which is out of St. Louis. Go to their website and they list a number of good fossil locations around the St. Louis area.

Good luck

Brent Ashcraft

ashcraft, brent allen

Kansas City is FULL of brachs. With my limited actual site knowledge, I'd say just about any roadcut you see will produce.

Eastern Ks. and western Mo. is pretty much late Pennsylvanian and brachs, crinoids and bryozoa are very common.

If you are in town, I wish I could meet up with you, but I'm tied up all day and tonight for a previous engagement. I'd PM but it's not working for me as well as some others in the Help and Suggestions thread.

I know it's not much help. Good luck on your trip and if you are in town tomorrow let me know on an outside chance we could meet.

Steve

Very sorry to miss the chance to meet you Nando.

Were you able to find anything?

Steve

Very sorry to miss the chance to meet you Nando.

Were you able to find anything?

I am really sorry for not meet you :(

Yes, we were able to find some beautiful spirifers in the construction place I wrote you out west of Kansas City, MO. Still looking for the exact identification and formation ;)

Cheers

Nando

post-1112-0-92433400-1306210321_thumb.jpg

post-1112-0-12314500-1306210326_thumb.jpg

post-1112-0-46004100-1306210329_thumb.jpg

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/