Mosasaur Paddle Parts

Foshunter

A group of un-associated paddle parts found in the Nsr over a period of time. Verts are a pretty common find in the river where as paddle pieces are found less frequently. Barry (creekcrawler) found a nice rare associated paddle grouping a while back, truly a great find. Had feedback form a member that needed info. about the placement of associated paddle parts, I understand why this would be informative to persons that haven't hunted these big guys before, hope this helps. Different species and a bone difference between front and rear paddle vary somewhat--Tom

Here is a tongue twister for you, say as fast as you can and even better after a few beers--

"Peter Piper picked up a pail of paddle parts

If Peter Piper picked up a pail of paddle parts

How many paddle parts did Peter Piper pick up"----You have to forgive me, haven't had my second cup of coffee

post-3940-0-93368200-1306161528_thumb.jpg

post-3940-0-88058100-1306172393_thumb.jpg

Edited by Foshunter

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

UTMosasaur

Tom, Nice finds, BUT I always think you can generate greater respect for newbies (like me) if accompanied by a photo. One from the website above that provides a "paddle" view.

EDIT -- Much better choice - Decided to use an uncopyrighted Public Domain photo from Wikipedia. -- just in case

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosasaur

post-2220-0-25309600-1306164956_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shellseeker

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

UTMosasaur

Tom, Nice finds, BUT I always think you can generate greater respect for newbies (like me) if accompanied by a photo. One from the website above that provides a "paddle" view.

EDIT -- Much better choice - Decided to use an uncopyrighted Public Domain photo from Wikipedia. -- just in case

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosasaur

Thanks shellseaker it is done and thanks for the feedback--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Tom... Very nice finds and easy to place them in the assemblage pictured...Looks like you have some treasures in your collection ;)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)