My Fossil Collection

fossil_kat

Hello.

Here are some pictures of my fossil collection. please comment if you have any information about them, im here to learn! :D

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

I was told this was fossilized dinosaur bone marrow.

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

Hi Kat,

Well, to start with, you also have a few minerals like agate and bournonite, and some recent shells amongst your fossils, but I guess you know that anyway. The fish and the large shark tooth are nice, as well as the sea urchin. Do you know where they come from? The ammonite with the number 17 on it looks to be a Dactylioceras from the Lower Jurassic.

Roger

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Hi Fossil Kat and Welcome to TFF. Thanks for sharing part of your wonderful collection with us. :)

I especially like your Cartoony Comura in your avatar. Unless anyone has a different ID for it? :P

Glad to have you on board here! :D

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Thanks for your comments.

The fish i brought in Covent Garden, London. And my big sharks tooth was brought as a present for me from my dad at a car boot about 18 years ago. The Ammonite with 17 on it i found on Charmouth beach whilst on a school trip about 15 years ago.

:D

And what is the black out of focus jaw-looking thing in the background of many of your pix?

Hi,

Your red recent shell is probably a Calliostomatidae (family).

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

The Ammonite with 17 on it i found on Charmouth beach whilst on a school trip about 15 years ago.

Fossil_Kat... Nice collection... If you did infact find the ammonite with the ''number 17'' written on it on Charmouth beach then I presume someone has dumped it there after driving it 300 miles... It originates from the Whitby area and is infact a Dactylioceras as Roger pointed out... The counterpart also in the photo below is also from a Whitby Dactylioceras...

post-1630-0-74947700-1307435270_thumb.jpg post-1630-0-67470900-1307435249_thumb.jpg

The large sectioned ammonite chunk pictured below looks to me like it displays the calcite colours found in the Frodingham Ironstone layer at Scunthorpe Ironworks North Lincolnshire... So potentially it is a piece of an ammonite from there that are famous around the world with ammonite collectors for the quality of preservation... The red/pink calcite is from the iron staining of the white calcite and the lime green calcite containing a mineral called Chamosite... As for species if it is a 'scunnie' I'd go for Aegasteroceras sp

post-1630-0-38030600-1307435288_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

And what is the black out of focus jaw-looking thing in the background of many of your pix?

Looks like someone's shoes to me.

Don