The Husband Has Had Enough!

chele

My husband is always after me to do something with all my fossil plants. He finally did something. The day before yesterday he had gone to the dump(he calls it the mall) to throw away trash and grass clippings. He spied a couple of old shelves and loaded them in the truck. He brought them home and modified them to make them stronger. He spent almost all night putting fossils away. He placed them in order(by order I mean all the ones that looked the same on the same shelves). It was great until I brought home another truck load. lol I do not want to leave fossils outside anymore because one of my really big fossils with very distinct and colorful leaves disappeared one night. So he will have to work around the rocks now. I know he will figure something out as far as getting them up and out of the way. I like the way he put stuff up. The photos below are just a small part of what I have, I still have a ton of fossils sitting outside that are split and piled neatly, and I also have at least a thousand pounds of rock that needs to be split and fossils pulled out. All of these were found in a short time and all within 2 miles of the house.

post-5476-0-27908700-1308246046_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-85449500-1308246096_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-33580200-1308246447_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-89151700-1308246549_thumb.jpg

post-5476-0-89175900-1308254684_thumb.jpg

Edited by chele

Chelebele

What a great guy! We should come up with an award for this! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

How about the Silver "Super Supportive Spouse" (SSS) Award? :P

You have a keeper there, Chele!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Chele... The start of a museum I'd say... ;)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Wow, how very thoughtful to say the least and he did a good

job too!! :D

Welcome to the forum!

Wow, how very thoughtful to say the least and he did a good

job too!! :D

Agreed!! And what a great way to recycle old shelves!! :)

Thank you for all the nice comments. He stands behind my hobby 100%. He is very upset somebody would steal a fossil. He said he will find a way to get all my fossils inside. My husband is a good man and he would do anything to help somebody in need, be a friend or a total stranger.

Chelebele

Chele - you got a real keeper there and I'm not just talking about the fossils :P

My wife is supportive like that too. She's found or bought shelves and display cases for me. If it weren't for her, all my stuff would be bubble wrapped in boxes...

Chele - you got a real keeper there and I'm not just talking about the fossils :P

My wife is supportive like that too. She's found or bought shelves and display cases for me. If it weren't for her, all my stuff would be bubble wrapped in boxes...

It is the little things that someone does that are special. I am lucky, my husband shares the same interests that I have. He works very hard and then has to come home to my mess. He will help me split rock and then later he cleans up the shop so he can do his work.

Chelebele

He just built me another shelf. I still need a few more. I Think I need to slow down on picking rock. He can't build the shelves fast enough! ;)

post-5476-0-43519900-1308366308_thumb.jpg

Chelebele

When I first saw this thread's title, I thought that your husband had done something horrible to your collection. It's nice to see that there are significant others who can actually put up with this kind of hobby. The shelves are really good!

whoa, that's a lot of fossils! :wub: i can promise you that i will be a man like ur husband in the future! :D :D

When I first saw this thread's title, I thought that your husband had done something horrible to your collection.

I agree with axelorox...

If I could find me a wife like your husband, what a beautiful world it would be. :)

I agree with axelorox...

If I could find me a wife like your husband, what a beautiful world it would be. :)

Lol...this is why I'm single, my ex always gave me a hard time for what I enjoyed doing (fossiling and prospecting), he felt it was a stupid hobby and a complete waste of time and complained when I wanted to keep something..so something had to go, him or the fossils.....I don't even miss him :D

Lol...this is why I'm single, my ex always gave me a hard time for what I enjoyed doing (fossiling and prospecting), he felt it was a stupid hobby and a complete waste of time and complained when I wanted to keep something..so something had to go, him or the fossils.....I don't even miss him :D

I am very lucky, we share so many of the same interests. We both love rocks! We can not go anywhere and not pick rocks. Without support, a marriage is over. Sadly some people only think of themselves.

Chelebele

GOOD FOR YOU!

Chele, I have a solution to your space problem.. send some of them to me! :P

But seriously, I have a similar problem to yours.. lots of rock and fossil and no more space.. but still they keep multiplying (got to get them while you can). I wonder if you should put some kind of soft material between each of the slabs you have lined up like books on a bookcase - do they not scratch each other that way? What I'm trying to do is find/build enough of the shallow-drawer units that all my keepers can be stored in, indoors, out of the dust and damp.. but these are not easy to come by or build.

Chele, I have a solution to your space problem.. send some of them to me! :P

But seriously, I have a similar problem to yours.. lots of rock and fossil and no more space.. but still they keep multiplying (got to get them while you can). I wonder if you should put some kind of soft material between each of the slabs you have lined up like books on a bookcase - do they not scratch each other that way? What I'm trying to do is find/build enough of the shallow-drawer units that all my keepers can be stored in, indoors, out of the dust and damp.. but these are not easy to come by or build.

Hello Wrangellian, the rocks do get scratched. I am going to buy some cheap carpet underlayment pad. I can cut it easily and the cheap stuff is well, cheap! As far as building something, I saw a building made from pallets. A guy made the frame out of nothing but wood pallets. He then put 7/16" plywood over that. He said he got all the pallets free, and he said he saved a lot of money that way. The structure is very solid. I was impressed. People advertise pallets for free here all the time.(high school kids usually snap them up for bonfires).

Chelebele

I am very lucky, we share so many of the same interests. We both love rocks! We can not go anywhere and not pick rocks. Without support, a marriage is over. Sadly some people only think of themselves.

For us, it is the same

no trip without fossils, that's our DITTO :D :D , Chele, it will be nice to hunt together... sometime, somewhere :) :)

Erosion... will be my epitaph!

http://www.paleonature.org/

https://fossilnews.org/