Sharktooth - Funny Story

fossilselachian

Every time I come across this tooth (pic attached) I have to somewhat laugh on how the tooth was obtained. Years ago while at the MAPS Expo I purchased a small deformed tooth (Sand Shark as I recall) for $1.00. This tooth was purchased from a SC collector/dealer who I did not know. However, I did know another dealer at the show from SC who was "crazy" for deformed shark teeth. I showed him the deformed tooth and he immediately wanted to trade for the tooth. I selected the C. angustidens tooth. Only later did I find out not only did the two SC fellows know each other, they made the long trip from SC to Macomb, Illinois - Together. So bottom line a nice C. angustidens tooth for $1.00. :P

post-294-0-53973100-1308688585_thumb.jpg

What a horse trader!

That's a great story :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

OMG, that's why it's good to know what some of your friends favorite fossils are, cause when you find one, they're a bit more willing to trade. Years ago I found this wicked cool hammerhead tooth that looked like it was probably a symphyseal or parasymphyseal, with some sort of cool pathology to it. One of my close friends and fellow collectors was with me when I found it and he kept remarking all day how cool that tooth was. A couple days later we were out collecting again and this time he found something I really liked, a perfect lower cowshark tooth with an usually fat main cone. I kept remarking how much I liked that tooth, so, almost at the same time we both said, hey, you wanna trade that cowshark for my hammerhead, and the deal was done, and we were both happy campers!

Daryl.

I'd give you the chance to make a 100% profit of it, I offer you 2$..... :thumbsu:

OK but you don't want to know what I'd charge for package and shipping :D

OK but you don't want to know what I'd charge for package and shipping :D

Wow thats some good uptrading! Great story!

DO, or do not. There is no try.