Managerie Of Fossils

pdanker1

I am happy to get one unique piece each time I go. Peace River Wauchula. Go to Youtube pdanker1 to see all about 6-26-11 trip, 4 hundred pieces?. Have bone frags, 10% turt-toise, 10ea. herbiore tooth frags, 25% shark maybe 10% of that in excellent shape. And then these pictured here. I am new to this 2 months. It is addicting. "like a box o' choc'lates".

......................MY GUESSES............>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 jaw (fossil??)

3 little scutes

2 herbivore teeth

1 (maybe canine) tooth if not gator or croc It does have a gum line.

2 unkown and will probably stay that way

2 crushers or underside of baby turtle

1 (maybe)sawfish

1 snake or small mammal rib bone

Hope I am not becoming a nuisance. I hope to be able to identify these someday just as you all can now...

post-5355-0-21764200-1309195541_thumb.jpg

You should blow up the picture to make identification easier. Upper left almost certainly Horse fragments. Above the jaw (not fossil) is gator and 2 ray dermal denticles, in front of Jaw is a deer molar, and lower right is possibly a puffer mouth plate.

Welcome to addiction . I love the peace --

Here is another Puffer fish mouth plate.. same fossil but different lighting

Big piece of advice -- Search the forum for what you have found -- both the Content Search and Gallery Search. SO, type in Deer molar and see what comes up.

post-2220-0-19907200-1309197399_thumb.jpg

post-2220-0-06641200-1309197413_thumb.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

The two peg-like teeth in the upper left appear to be whale teeth.

The jaw belonged to a recent raccoon. The tooth anterior to the jaw is a deer cheek tooth, as suggested by 'Shellseeker.'

I discourage group images because of the wasted space. It's usuall better to post a cropped image of a single fossil (or two or three, if they are small items).

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Thank You Harry Pristis. I in the future will take your advice to better manage the site.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the first tooth is a Tapiris veroensis cannine...

"A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life".

• 2 weeks later...

The Jaw looks like it may be from an opossum?

Awesome Finds btw! :D

"Re-living History, one piece at a time..."