Great Morning At Gmr. 3" Great White!

RickNC

What a morning. After just barely over a year officially in this hobby I made a great find today. What I initially thought was a small meg turned out to be a 3" GW when I pulled it from my screen. This is really big for this species. It is in wonderful condition and is beautiful. Found a few other nice teeth too. Sorry Mike!

P7010030.jpg

P7010024.jpg

P7010029.jpg

P7010032.jpg

P7010033.jpg

The others:

P7010031.jpg

P7010021.jpg

Edited by RickNC

Rick,

That is a great find. I am still shaking my head. What is GMR? Thanks for sharing. You made my day too!

"A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life".

Rick,

That is a great find. I am still shaking my head. What is GMR? Thanks for sharing. You made my day too!

Thanks. Green Mill Run. A creek that runs through town here. Quite popular for fossiling.

Three-inch GW with a full root and great serrations! Dude! :fistbump:

You are now a member of a pretty small club!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Three-inch GW with a full root and great serrations! Dude! :fistbump:

You are now a member of a pretty small club!

Thanks! I am pretty stoked. Up next to some of my other big ones this one is a monster. And the Parotodus last trip........shaping up to be a good year.

That is one nice GW tooth and a super find bet the entire county heard you yell when you found it. Great find--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

ALL OF AFGHANISTAN JUST HEARD ME YELL. Great job, Im only just a little bit jealous. Congrats!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

That definitely needs to be entered for fossil of the month!

Hey man you could have waited for me to come down.:( Only kidding, Great find will see ya down there soon. Maybe early next week or w/e next week have family over atm.. So leave some in there for me. :)

Again awesome find man :)

Wooooha, that is a beautiful shark tooth. Not my bag but I do appreciate a magnificent specimen.

That definitely needs to be entered for fossil of the month!

You're a funny guy.

I didn't think about the FOTM but I will enter it.

Thanks everyone.

Edited by RickNC

Gosh, thats three I have seen in two years. The only way I am going to beat all those, is with a tan colored 3.25" anterior, or maybe a lower, or better yet a combo. Ugh!

Again great job. Thats really awesome.

Gosh, thats three I have seen in two years. The only way I am going to beat all those, is with a tan colored 3.25" anterior, or maybe a lower, or better yet a combo. Ugh!

Again great job. Thats really awesome.

I was going to ask how many you knew of.

I was going to ask how many you knew of.

Yep, Greel's tooth, Obsessed1's tooth which he found a week later and fifteen feet downstream of Greel's and then yours. You guys are killing me. Ive had a couple close scares which great whites and before measuring them they looked like monsters in the screen, but nope, they all fell short. But I guess technically thats 3 in 2 years and seven months of searching and seeing other peoples finds. I have heard rumors of others, but have neither seen pictures, or saw them in person so I cant verify.

Every 3" tooth I have seen though have all been jet black. My largest at 2.75 was butternut/cream brown colored. Funny how that works out. Remember the day you found the 2.5" blade sherd that was light brown colored, that would have been a 3"+ tooth for sure as well if it were whole.

Yep, Greel's tooth, Obsessed1's tooth which he found a week later and fifteen feet downstream of Greel's and then yours. You guys are killing me. Ive had a couple close scares which great whites and before measuring them they looked like monsters in the screen, but nope, they all fell short. But I guess technically thats 3 in 2 years and seven months of searching and seeing other peoples finds. I have heard rumors of others, but have neither seen pictures, or saw them in person so I cant verify.

Every 3" tooth I have seen though have all been jet black. My largest at 2.75 was butternut/cream brown colored. Funny how that works out. Remember the day you found the 2.5" blade sherd that was light brown colored, that would have been a 3"+ tooth for sure as well if it were whole.

Yeah I remember that one. I kept it but now can't find it.

That great white has everything going for it. Awesome find. If you do not ever find one better, you are still doing very good. Be proud.

Well, now its completely outshined by the monster you now have anyways. Now you need to find a 3" lower!

Looking at it makes me want to jump in the truck, jet over to GMR, and start slinging. Great find and awesome motivation for the rest of us. Thanks for raising the GMR bar. Excuse me I have to go wipe the drool off my shirt.

Well, now its completely outshined by the monster you now have anyways. Now you need to find a 3" lower!

Doubtful I would ever be able to top a 3" GW but I will certainly try!

IDK, what would be better, a 3" upper, or a 3" lower. I have never seen a 3" lower great white. Not in pictures, not anywhere. So I think you should look for that next :P

Ha, I joke, but next week you will be like, "Mike, check this out". I might cry then :P:D

On that note, anyone who is reading this forum, every find, see, acquire a 3" Great white lower? And if so, would you post a picture?