Some Of My Fav's

Webby

Thought I'd display a few of my favorite teeth for you guys (and gals) who are also at home on a friday night :D

First the GW's!

P1040917.jpg

P1040927.jpg

P1040926.jpg

Now my Makos. Take a look at the center one (one of my favorite) it's kinda hard to tell but it has "tiger stripes" running horizontally through the tooth and its orange.

P1040919.jpg

And now for the grande finale.........the smallest cow shark tooth the world has ever seen!!!!

P1040933.jpg

P1040935.jpg

um, how do we know that's not really just the largest ruler and lined paper the world has ever seen?

I like your tooth in matrix. Here is one that combines the old (approx. 2 mya Mako) with the new (a 30 year old 8 inch spike). found 2/13/2010 in Peace River, Wauchula

post-2220-0-00506600-1310227007_thumb.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Nice. Love me some Gw's. I need to post some of mine up some time.

Love that tooth in the metal.

..."tooth and nail"...

<groan>

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

And now for the grande finale.........the smallest cow shark tooth the world has ever seen!!!!

Nice group of teeth.

Its hard to tell from the photo but I believe your cowshark might be a piece of the distal end of a tiger shark tooth (Galeocerdo).

Nice group of teeth.

Its hard to tell from the photo but I believe your cowshark might be a piece of the distal end of a tiger shark tooth (Galeocerdo).

Agreed, there is a posibility it is the end of a tiger but what is soooo hard to take a photo of is the root itself. the root on this little sucker is VERY thin, as in paper thin and it doesn't seem to have any wear on the root.

Here's the best photo I could get of the root to show how thin this tooth is

P1040936.jpg

RickNC, I think I speak for us all when I say I would LOVE to see your collection of whites. By far my favorite tooth!

I can try to get em up. I am no photographer and I have some with nice colors and patterns that I would like to come out in the pics.

I can try to get em up. I am no photographer and I have some with nice colors and patterns that I would like to come out in the pics.

Taking pictures outside usually gives the best result if you dont have an really expensive camera

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Hello,

Fantastic collection and looking at the thinness of that last tooth. I am going to agree with you and call it a Cowshark tooth. Innocent until proven guilty I always say. Either way, great eyes seeing that little rascal.

Bobby

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius