3 Metre Fossil Fish Found

Bob

Funny that the article doesn't identify it (nor their previous find, which is now on display). Probably an "X" fish?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

:sword:

Just a baby. Should have thrown it back. ;)

:startle: :startle: :startle: :startle: :startle: :startle: :startle: :startle: :startle: :meg dance:

An interesting couple. I met them a couple of weeks ago, they pick a spot and slowly clear back the layer and see what turns up.

Will have to fint out what it is and send a photo in next time I am out at Richmond. I hope the fish is as complete as the one they found a couple of years back.

Of intrest to all you fossickers thay usually only take home only some small bits and pieces if any, they usally leave their fossils at the local museum.

In this case Kronosarus Korner.

I am not completly sure but I think it is a Pachyrhizodus marathonensis based on the exposed tail.

I got the name wrong on the fish in the news clip.

The fish in question is a Cooyoo Australis.

Cooyoo is the word for fish in the local Aborigional dialect where the fossil was found.